Sunday, November 14, 2010

wow how things have changed....

....do you ever wish you could go back and just slap you a few years ago! cuz I DO! all of my clothes are size 4 and 6.....heck even my maternity jeans are size 6(i bought them at about 3 months before i had even gained any weight just had a pooch....oh my i thought i was huge! there is a slap me moment)....yep i now struggle to get those up...my maternity jeans!! now i'm lucky to fit in a 10....if i'm sounding obnoxious right now...please forgive me...so i finally bit the bullet and went to buy jeans today! with my husband and 6 month old(i so thought i would be in all my clothes and honky dory again when he was this old, but hey these 20 lbs have grown to like me i guess!) well we go in to old navy and i'm looking at some jeans trying to come up in my head what size i should try on...ben asks a sales lady about where things are...she's sweet i tell her what i'm looking for we get to talking...she asks what size i'm looking for....i say "well i was a six before you know(pointing at my adorable baby)...now i don't really know!" she laughs and goes "oh i totally understand"....i ask about a particular kind i didnt' know about she goes oh these are great! there for women like us...keep that extra junk in!ha (kinda bugged me but hey)....we call them our mom jeans(not old navy, the sales lady and her friends).....i now so badly do NOT want to try these on.....yes i am a mom and it is the best thing i have ever done....but i am 21!!!! i ask now there not you know mom jeans(jesturing just below my boobs) and she goes oh now they just have a thicker panel....blah blah...so i grab a pair just in case....she then points to some other racks saying they are on sale but there not really anything i will wear again(ok huh?)....oh and then says or atleast i can't....i am now more than ever determined to try these pants on....so i grab some skinny jeans and a few different options(grabbing a couple sizes i am praying to God do not fit me!)....i go skim the baby clothes....fighting back every shopoholic gene in my body to put away the outfit that is 20 for something he will grow out of immediately....grab him some jeans and a cute sweater and a hat that looks like a mohawk my husband is drooling over....and we make our way to the dressing room(on the way i can hear that music that you hear in scary movies as the girl is walking down the hallway with a bat, you know as you sit there and scream at the screen 'RUN AWAY YOU IDIOT'!)....so we go in and ben sits down with that look of do i really have to be here....pretty much men are useless when trying on clothes(actually i take that back....my dad is a pretty good shopping companion)....everything looks fine....even when it looks like you just wrapped up two sausages and painted them blue....so i tried on everything....the size i was fearful of did not fit...which was very nice! the skinny jeans fit but i finally went with....dun dun dun....the so called mom jeans! they looked best...ben agreed...let me clarify they are not the jeans from that SNL skit....they do not go up to my waist....they just aren't so low you see my butt crack! i felt soooooo old!

No comments:

Post a Comment